Attention sensory human beans of the earth, and beyond:
I have discovered the internet meme, Sensory Sea Turtle via the appropriately named tumblr blog, fyeahsensoryseaturtle.tumblr.com
The joy and delight I feel over this discovery is past the realm of comprehension.
The internet community, in all its glory, created a meme specifically for Sensory Processing Disorder. What an honor, really.
Sensory Sea Turtle is a way for SPD’ers everywhere to share and acknowledge the insane amount of issues that results from SPD. Sensory Sea Turtle is sometimes crude, sometimes gentle, and absolute perfection in every way.
The following 14 Sensory Sea Turtle memes are from the blog above, fyeahsensoryseaturtle, aka, they are not mine and I did not create them. (WARNING: some of the memes contain bad language)
1. occupational hazard
2. hopeless romantic
3. ain’t playin’ no games! (also, please ignore the misspelled word in this one. Have mercy on its creator, somewhere out there, someone doesn’t know the lose/loose difference).
4. a hot dog prison, essentially
5. gotta keep it real
6. went to a movie!? WHAT ARE YOU, SPD SUPERMAN? sheesh
7. only thing worse than an emergency is the alert system: BUUUS RUUUU ZOOO RAPPP weeeeeeeeee
8. while in a room full of successful, fully-functioning, neurotypical human beans…
9. time to get new frenz I suppose
10. story of my entire college experience….
11. rock on
12. demonic attire
13. in the midst of a nightmare
14. slight miscommunication
See? Sensory Sea Turtle is just like you and me. (Except he’s a turtle, and he’s also a product of the internet, and he doesn’t exist in real life.)
Sensory friends, let us make Sensory Sea Turtle our international mascot. He is the face of our mission (our mission to do stuff, and things…). He is the uniting force that brings us together in times of despair.
Thank you, Sensory Sea Turtle. Thank you. May you never get suffocated by oceanic trash. We love you.